You have been working hard on creating deep and meaningful questions and connections. I would like you to post 2 deep connections (Chapter 7 and Chapter 8) for this assignment and be sure to describe the emotions/feelings associated with your connections. Complete one connection for each chapter.
Include specific details on what you are connecting to and what you are connecting from, as well, do not forget to indicate the type of connection you are making (T-T, T-S, T-W, or T-M)
As usual, pay close attention to your spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, etc. If you post your response and notice that you need to make some edits and revisions, do not erase your original post, but simply post a 'REVISED' version.
REQUIRED: Comment on your classmates' connections.

Chapter, 7
ReplyDeleteT-T
When The bear was standing directly in front of Brian it reminded me exactly of the spirit bear standing right in front of Cole in the
book "Touching Spirit Bear"
Chapter, 8
T-S
When Brian threw his hatchet at the rocks it reminded me of fires, that reminded me of the very first fire I ever made all by myself and that brought back memories of camping and all the fun times times I had with my family and friends.
t-t Cole and Brian both got sick and were vomiting.
ReplyDeletet-t Brian ran away from a bear. Cole tried to kill one. Both because they saw the bear as a threat when it wasn't like that
T-T Brian and Cole both vometed and they, both are sick.
ReplyDeleteT-T Cole had tried to kill a spirt bear, and Brian had ran away from a bear.
(REVISED)
ReplyDeleteT-T Brian and Cole both vometed, and they both are sick.
T-T Cole had tried to kill a spirt bear and, Brian had ran away from a bear, they b oth were treatend and hurt.
T-T Both Brian and Cole were sick and puked after being lost on a deserted island.
ReplyDeleteT-S Brian had felt sudden pain in his leg, I have had this scorching pain before in my leg when it also comes from no were.
Chapter 7 connections
ReplyDelete(T-S)When the bear was by Brian it reminded me of when I saw a moose in the backyard of my grandpa and grandmas house.
Chapter 8 connections
(T-S)When Brian was sleeping in his shelter it reminded me of one time I went camping and me and my sister made a shelter and we sleeped in it for a little bit.
Chapter 7
ReplyDeleteT-T
When Brian encountered the bear it reminded me of "Touching Spirit Bear." In both cases Brian and Cole were face to face with a huge bear that could attack at any moment. Although in Brian's case he didn't attack the bear, nor get mauled like Cole did.
Chapter 8
T-S
When it mentioned the porcupine getting Brian with it's quills, it reminded me of this shoe cleaner that we have on our front porch that's shaped like a porcupine. When I was younger, and the shoe cleaner was spikier, I remember it used to hurt whenever you touched it.
Chapter 7 pg.74
ReplyDeleteT-T
When Brian had turned to see a black silky bear it reminded me when Cole had seen the Spirit Bear for the first time.He was standing still ( but filled with anger). Brian thought the bear was going to attack him but he didn't and the same thing happened with Cole!
These are my connections for chapter 7-8! :D
Chapter 8 pg.81
T-S
When Brian had received that hot smear up his leg ,it have reminded me when my sister and me had a long run almost 3 hours that we went so far away that when we were getting up on those hills my legs were on fire and i could feel it spreading.
Chapter 7-
ReplyDelete(T-T)
When Brian was vomiting because of the berries, it reminded me of when Cole was vomiting after the attack.
Chapter8-
(T-S)
When it said in the chapter " tail of quills", it reminded me of when we did a small activity in class which had the word 'quill' in it. My group was searching for the definition of the word quill and it said ' a feather' and then it said 'also a needle of a porcupine.'So when I was reading through the chapter,I kept on thinking of the word quill.
T-T Ch.7: It remined me when Brain was pain a lot and when Cole got a lot of pain from the spirit bear.
ReplyDeleteT-T Ch.8: It remined me of when Brain saw the bear and same as Cole when he saw the spirit bear.
@Joe Joltz
ReplyDeleteGreat connection for chapter 8's text to self! I imagined how it looked like from how you explained it in detail! :)
@Oreo
ReplyDeleteyour Connections for the chapter 7 and 8 are great you maybe just need to focus on some more detail :)
Chapter 7:
ReplyDeleteMy connection in chapter seven was on page 69, where the book talked about how Brian's forehead was all lumpy and swollen because of the mosquitoes. So I connected to that part of the book when I went to Sri Lanka and I was bitten all over the place by mosquitoes. And I got to find out that I was allergic to mosquitoes because I was really swollen. So I totally understand how Brian feels. (TS)
Chapter 8:
On page 79 in chapter eight they talk about how while Brian's sleeping he can hear growling and thinks it's a bear, but finds out later that it's actually the wind. I connect to this part of the book when one day I was sleeping I heard a ghost like sound coming from my window. I honestly got really scared but later found out it was really the wind howling. (TS)
These are two of my connections I had between chapter 7-8. :)
@ go Dartmouth
ReplyDeleteI think you really had some cool and interesting connections, but I think you could of added more detail and I suggest you talk about what happened when that connection occurred.
Great job!:)
@ Pooh Bear
ReplyDeleteAwesome connections with a great amount of detail Great Work (Hard work)!
Ch 7 T-S My hir gets matted when I don't brush it like Brians hair has gotten
ReplyDeleteCh 8 T-S When there is too much going on and I can't handle it I start to cry like brian was.
T-T Ch7: The way Brian is so hungry and he's picking anything to eat reminds me of when Cole was so hungry that he ate a rat.
ReplyDeleteT-T Ch8: When Brian could smell the bear but could not see it reminds meof when Cole could only hear the spirit bear but couldn't see it.
Text to self-ch7. I have a CONNECTION when brian screamed out mother because he felt this sharp pain in his stomach and one time i had a sharp pain in my stomach and I screamed out MOTHER!
ReplyDeletetext to self-ch8.I have a connection when brian said his feet felt like a bunch of needles going threw his feet and I remeber when my feet really heart and it actially felt like needles going threw my feet.
CHAPTER 7 - Text to Text: When Brian stared at the bear, it reminded me of when we're reading Touching Spirit Bear and Cole stared at the Spirit Bear.
ReplyDeleteCHAPTER 8 - Text to Self: The dream Brian had reminded me of all the times I dream and I can see people talking but cannot hear what they are saying at all.
(REVISED)T-T Both Brian and Cole were sick and puked after being lost on a deserted island. After reading this I felt a little bit gross.
ReplyDeleteT-S Brian had felt sudden pain in his leg, I have had this scorching pain before in my leg when it also comes from no were.
@mickeymouse I love your connections, but I think you might need to add some more details, of why you screamed out 'MOTHER!' and why your feet had have been hurt too. Other than that, good job! :)
ReplyDelete@Godness Athena
ReplyDeleteGreat connections! I like your chapter 8 connection when you said that "tail of quills" reminded of quills that our class did when we were reading "Touching Spirit Bear".
@Sherlock Holmes I think yours is a very good connection because they are very deep.
ReplyDelete@Superduperman12
ReplyDeleteYou had some really great connections. Your first one was the same as mine and many other peoples, but your second one reminded of my collage presentation because I had the that moment when I made my first fire as well.
@superduperman12
ReplyDeleteYour connection for chapter eight was good when you were explaining about your first fire and camping but I do not really understand how Brian throwing the hatchet reminded you of fire.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete@ Sandy Squirrel and @ Pooh Bear I like how your connections are deep and that you include the page that you found it on!
ReplyDelete@Sam Fisher- I like your connections but Cole wasn't lost in a deserted island, he was placed there for his own good. Maybe you should add more details.
ReplyDeleteGood job!!!! :)
From: Mike Tyson.
(REVISED)T-T Both Brian and Cole were sick and puked after being lost on a deserted island. After reading this I felt a little bit gross. I relate to this because of last week i threw up during soapstone and it felt horrible.
ReplyDeleteT-S Brian had felt sudden pain in his leg, I have had this scorching pain before in my leg when it also comes from no were.
@ Sponge Bob
ReplyDeleteGreat connections, you need to add a bit more deatails, besides that your connections are great :)
@Joe Joltz: I really like your Ch.7 connection, connecting with Touching spirit bear and Hatchet. I thought it was really creative and I didn't see any mistakes.
ReplyDeleteCh.8 Was really good as well, I like how you connected the porcupine with a shoe cleaner you said was "spikier". I'm not sure that spikier is a word but that is your only mistake so great job!
@ goDathmouth - I like your connections because you thought of Cole, in Touching Spirit Bear. I think you need to revise and edit your sentences. You should add a little more about how you felt about when both characters were pain and when both of them saw the bear. Did it scare you, were you sad that they were in pain?
ReplyDelete@ Amy Fleming just work on adding a little bit of detail and little spelling mistakes.
ReplyDeletesponge bob@ great connections, I like how use Cole and Brain and compare them. And right away I could feel Brain and Cole would felt about. Nice job!!!
ReplyDelete@Granger08- I think your connections are good but i also think you may need a little more detail and transition words.
ReplyDelete@Oreo- Your connection were really good and your spelling was good but maybe next time you should revise before you post so you don't have to post again but every thing else was really good.
ReplyDelete@Brian Robeson
ReplyDeleteSpikier is a word...
@Sherlock Holmes,
ReplyDeleteGood Connection I do think you could use a small amount of detail and emotion with some more sentences. Chapter 8 connection, it was a great connection but I do think you could also put emotion such as "Oh I felt frustrated because I could not hear people in my dreams talking, and I was surprised that I connected with this part (or i surprised the same thing in the book happens to me). All in all, Great Connections! (remember : these are just suggestions!) :D
T-T when brian saw the bear and I thought thats brian was going to be in the same situation that cole was in all chewed up and all the mosquitoes swarming him and how.
ReplyDeleteT-S When brian got that horrible pain for no reason sometimes i get a pain in my leg for no reason at all to it feels like someone is banging on your leg with a hammer. chapter 7
chapter 8 t-t when cole had that dream about everyone and brian also did.
sponge bob great job nice awesome
ReplyDelete@Sherlock Holmes
ReplyDeleteI had the same connection myself when Brian stared at the bear. (chapter-7)
I hate when i'm dreaming and I can't hear them talking
@amy fleming- I like your connections and how you connected with your hair how it's gets matted when you don't brush it and with Brian's hair.
ReplyDeleteYour second point was also pretty good when there is too much on your shoulders it gets overwhelming I've been there hair is spelt like this " hair".
@ Sandy Squirrel
ReplyDeleteYou had awesome connections! But next time remember to put capitals at the beginning a sentence and when you say "I", also remember your punctuation. But over all you did a great job!:)
(revised)
ReplyDeletech.7-In the books both Brian and Cole both got sick. Cole got sick after the spirit bear attacked him, and Brian after he ate the berries.
ch.8-In both books
(not yet completed)
@Pooh Bear
ReplyDeleteI like how made your connections extremely descriptive and you described everything.
T-S: I connect when Brian screamed out "MOTHER!" because once I was lost in the mall, and screamed out "MOTHER!" so I can find her.\
ReplyDeleteT-T: I connect with reading Touching Spirit Bear because Cole had to survive an island alone, just like Brian did. :)
Chapter 7 Text to self : I had a text to self connection when the flies went on Brian's gut berries and when I went camping with my family and friends and lots of flies went on our food!
ReplyDeleteChapter 8 Text to self : I had a text to self connection when the porqupine quills went into Brian's leg and when he touched it it hurt intensley, and when my mom was testing my toe when I broke it it hurt very bad!
Connections
ReplyDelete(Ch.7 T-S) I connected with Brian eating the wild raspberries. I have found wild raspberries and I ate them. They were so sweet and tangy! I ate so many of them, I felt full. I loved the taste of them so I gathered them up in a basket.
(Ch.8 T-T) I connected the two novels, "Touching Spirit Bear" and, "Hatchet" when the Brian and Cole met the bears. Both the bears were black bears, and they are quite timid,and usually flee. But when face to face and feel threaten, they are dangerous. I was scared for both of them.
(Ch 7): I remember when I went hunting for blueberries when I was camping for about three days.
ReplyDelete(Ch 8): I hate it when I can't talk in my dreams I feel so helpless and it feels like it's real life.
Connections
ReplyDeleteCh.7 A connection I made was when Brian ate the raspberries from thee bush. I remember when I first tried a raspberry, I was extremely addicted to them and I couldn't stop eating them like Brian.
Ch.8 A connection I made was when Brian woke up from the wind outside, I remember when I was little I would always be scared of noises outside that was actually wind.
Chapter 9 Connections:
ReplyDeleteAt the very beginning of the chapter it was explaining the pain Brian felt in his stomach. I connected with this because when I was little (around age 7) I use to get horrible pains in my stomach. They would come in waves and wake me up. I would toss and turn all night, the pain would go away then come back out of no where. That's my chapter 9 connection
Chapter 10 Connections:
When the book said Brian threw the hatchet it reminded me of when we visited my papa's house one year. My papa lives on thirteen acres about twenty minutes to the main city. Anyway he has a hatchet and lots of logs for fire wood. One year when we went to visit my brother set up some logs and tried to hit them right in the center by throwing the hatchet (don't worry we made sure the area was clear and my papa was supervising). It was fun to watch. That's my chapter 10 connection.
Connections
ReplyDeleteChapter 7. I had a connection when all the pits of berries had exploded in the center of Brian, ripped and tore at him. When I was 7, I ate too much of ice cream and I felt same pain as him. I learned that I shouldn't eat too much of junkfood at the same time.
(TS)
Chapter 8. I had a connection when Brian smelled some musty rot that made him think only of graves with cobwebs and dusty and old death. When I went to my friend's house, she showed me her pet, a hedgehog. It smelled like a rotten egg and a meat, mixed together. I think that Brian smelled maybe a hedgehog.
(TS)
@sam fisher
ReplyDeleteI think that your conections they were both very good. Your description was extremely good. I think it was good that you revised your post.
Connections
ReplyDeleteT-S: I have a connection when Brian ate the berries. The berries were really sweet and sour.
T-T: The connection I made was between Brian and Cole. They are both stranded on an island and has to survive but for Cole he was placed on the island.
(REVISED)
ReplyDeleteIn this comment I used more transition words.
Chapter 7:
First of all my connection in chapter seven was on page 69, where the book talked about how Brian's forehead was all lumpy and swollen because of the mosquitoes. So I connected to that part of the book when I went to Sri Lanka and I was bitten all over the place by mosquitoes. And I got to find out that I was allergic to mosquitoes because I was really swollen. So I totally understand how Brian feels. (TS)
Chapter 8:
Lastly I'd like to say that on page 79 in chapter eight they talk about how while Brian's sleeping he can hear growling and thinks it's a bear, but finds out later that it's actually the wind. I connect to this part of the book when one day I was sleeping I heard a ghost like sound coming from my window. In fact I got really scared but later found out it was really the wind howling. (TS)
These are two of my connections I had between chapter 7-8.
This was my last post, you can see where I put in the transition words above where I revised.:)
Chapter 7:
My connection in chapter seven was on page 69, where the book talked about how Brian's forehead was all lumpy and swollen because of the mosquitoes. So I connected to that part of the book when I went to Sri Lanka and I was bitten all over the place by mosquitoes. And I got to find out that I was allergic to mosquitoes because I was really swollen. So I totally understand how Brian feels. (TS)
Chapter 8:
On page 79 in chapter eight they talk about how while Brian's sleeping he can hear growling and thinks it's a bear, but finds out later that it's actually the wind. I connect to this part of the book when one day I was sleeping I heard a ghost like sound coming from my window. I honestly got really scared but later found out it was really the wind howling. (TS)
These are two of my connections I had between chapter 7-8. :)
(re-revised)
ReplyDeleteCh-7 In both books the boys Cole and Brian both got sick Cole because the Spirit bear attacked him, Brian because he ate to many of those berries.
Ch.8-In Touching Spirit Bear Cole tried to attack the bear and in Hatchet Brian ran away from the bear both because they saw the bear as a threat when the bears weren't.
@Mike Tyson i think your connections should be a little longer and what your connection for when Brian ate the berries.
ReplyDeleteRevised - Ch 7 T-S I made a conection with Brian cause his hair was all matted and my hair gets matted alot and when you look at yourself you don't know how you let it get so matted and wonder why you can't take better care of your hair.
ReplyDeleteCh 8 T-S I made a conection when Brian started crying because he could not take things and when I can't handle things and there is too much pressure on me I start to cry.
@oreo it still needs a little more detail but otherwise it was ok
ReplyDelete(REVISED)
ReplyDeleteT-T Ch.7: It reminded me when Brian was pain a lot from the crash and when Cole got a lot of pain from the spirit bear. That gave me how they were hurt and they felt from the crash and fight the spirit bear.
T-T Ch.8: It reminded me of when Brian saw the bear and same as Cole when he saw the spirit bear. That gave me how scared to be alone and how bear is really strong.
@ Go Dartmouth, I think your connections were great. but i also u think that you need a little more detail.
ReplyDelete(REVISED)
ReplyDeleteChapter 7 pg.74
T-T
When Brian had turned to see a black silky bear it reminded me when Cole had seen the Spirit Bear for the first time.He was standing still ( but filled with anger and fear). Brian thought the bear was going to attack him but he didn't (sense of relief) and the same thing happened with Cole!
Chapter 8 pg.81
T-S
When Brian had received that hot smear up his leg ,it have reminded me when my sister and me had a long run almost 3 hours that we went so far away that when we were getting up on those hills, my legs were on fire and I could feel it spreading(heat and pain in my legs)
27 November 2011 20:41
These are My Connections For Chapter 7 and 8 :D
CHAPTER 7 - Text to Text: When Brian stared at the bear, it instantly reminded me of the time when we were reading Touching Spirit Bear and Cole stared at the Spirit Bear. Like Brian, they both saw a bear. The only thing that makes it different is that when Brian saw the bear, he had fear. When Cole saw the bear, he had anger.
ReplyDeleteCHAPTER 8 - Text to Self: When Brian had a dream about his dad, it reminded me of when I am having dreams where it appears that a person is trying to communicate with me but I cannot hear anything they are saying. It makes me feel upset that I couldn't understand the important things they were telling me.
(REVISED) ^
ReplyDelete